For Optimum Security
- -Stop all deliveries for mail, newspaper,arrange handbill pickup.
- -Let neighbor and police know when you are leaving and returning.
- -Leave shades and blinds in normal positions.
- -Arrange for lawn mowing, snow shoveling, etc.
- -Set up timers for lights in house.
- -Have first aid kit, flashlight and flares in car.
- -Make a list to take along of phone numbers of neighbors, friends.
- -Lock all doors and windows, turn off stove, coffee pot.
- -Record serial numbers, descriptions of valuables going on trip.
- -Never leave valuables unattended in vehicle or hotel room.
- -Don't accept a room next to a stairwell in a hotel.
- -Use travelers checks and credit cards when possible.
- -Ask for carbon copies from charge slips.
- -List phone numbers for credit card and card numbers in separate place from cards.
- -Lock car doors at all times, even while moving.
- -Witness any repair work on your vehicle.
- -Don't give personal information to strangers.
- -Don't give your house keys to parking attendants.
- -Don't leave children unattended.
- -Check doors and windows before entering.
- -If any are open, DON'T ENTER, CALL THE POLICE.
- -Start deliveries again, let neighbors know you have returned.
Back to Home Page Home Security Page
LockSite®, Copyright © 1997Printed in U.S.A.